Sunday, May 2, 2010

What Happends To Fakku

A bridge to eternity ....

Briefly decks dell'Ovation from its birth until today. Everything changes and also the bridges need to adapt to the transmission of sound and aesthetic ones. The first bridges dell'Ovation were the "five points". We find them on the first and Deluxe Balladeer Balladeer. They are bridges that all'Ovation treated rosewood (stained) for you to become chemically resemble blacks and ebony keyboard. I had an extra early work with a real hole that allowed to "hide" the ball-end strings .......



Soon they were replaced with the most famous "five points" are all open with the ball-end strings in plain sight ......


in 1969/70 was briefly used a type of bridge called the "winged bridge" which recalls the shape of the wings. I like this form. I find it very modern. If I remember correctly it was amended in the most famous version, that we all know, due to problems of broken early. Meanwhile we have passed from rosewood to walnut.


In the early 70's became the now famous Ovation bridge, together with rosette in relief and the headstock, the sign of recognition ....



Ovation Basically, the bridge has remained unchanged for the 80s and 90s, at least until the introduction of the LX series (2004/05) but I'm not sure. The fact is that the models in this series, the bridge has been slightly shortened and became ebony on top models (CLegend Legend, Elite .....) and has returned to Rosewood on others.


0 comments:

Post a Comment